The Arc of the South Shore is looking for kind, committed and compassionate people in the South Shore area to become Shared Living Providers.
A Shared Living Provider is someone who opens their home and provides daily support and companionship to an adult with a developmental disability. A Shared Living Provider is a teacher, mentor and friend, helping the person to live a meaningful life at home and in the community.
In exchange for providing support and companionship, the Shared Living Provider receives a generous tax-free stipend and on-going training.
- An environment-friendly home that offers a clutter free, single/private bedroom that is accessible to meet the needs of the individual
- Provider must have a valid driver’s license, reliable and properly registered and insured vehicle
- Must have acceptable driving history, CORI, SORI, and fingerprinting background check results
- Must be CPR and First Aid Certified (training available for certification)
- Experience working with adults with physical or intellectual disabilities
Please contact Lisa Weeks at (781) 335-1014 x121 for further information.