Our Residential Supports program offers a range of housing options including apartments, condos, single family homes, and residential group homes for adults with disabilities. We provide support around activities of daily living, health and money management, advocacy, and community involvement with an emphasis on health, safety, and independence. Residential Supports provides direct services and emergency coverage 24 hours a day, 365 days a year. Our goal is to recognize that each person we support has his or her own strengths and needs; we value people as individuals and adults with capabilities.
- Instruction and supports around daily routines
- Health management monitoring
- Money management monitoring
- Advocacy for individuals and families
- Community involvement
“Staff members are provided information regarding needs of the persons served, which helps to ensure that their needs are met and makes the program more meaningful for staff members and persons served.” – CARF International
As part of this program, we are looking for kind, committed, and compassionate people on the South Shore to become Shared Living Providers. A Shared Living Provider is someone who opens their home and provides daily support and companionship to an adult with a developmental disability. They are a teacher, mentor, and friend, helping the person to live a meaningful life at home and in the community. In exchange for providing support and companionship, the Shared Living Provider receives a generous tax-free stipend and on-going training.
- An environment-friendly home that offers a clutter free, single/private bedroom that is accessible to meet the needs of the individual
- Valid driver’s license, reliable and properly registered and insured vehicle
- Acceptable driving history, CORI, SORI, and fingerprinting background check results
- CPR and First Aid Certified (training available for certification)
- Experience working with adults with physical or intellectual disabilities
For more information about Residential Supports or becoming a Shared Living Provider, please contact Lisa Weeks, Residential Director, at (781) 335-1014 or LWeeks@ArcSouthShore.org.
In 70 Years we have...
Local and National Partnerships