Pathways to Possibilities
Pathways to Possibilities is a Community-Based Day Service (CBDS) program that enables individuals to enrich their lives and enjoy a full range of community activities by providing opportunities for developing, enhancing, and maintaining competence in personal, social, and community activities. It assists individuals in exploring and engaging in meaningful activities based on their interests and needs.
Individuals must be 22 years old with a diagnosis of an intellectual and/or developmental disability, including Autism, and looking for active community supports and skills development. The program is funded by the Department of Developmental Services, and we work closely with the Department and families/guardians to determine the best person-centered plan for each participant in the program.
- Assessment of interests & preferences
- Career exploration & training
- Community integration & exploration
- Computer lab & training
- Culinary arts training
- Development of relationships
- Health, wellness & fitness programs
- Job placement and on-going supports
- Leisure & recreational activities
- Music & art therapy
- Person-centered planning
- Self-advocacy training & participation
- Socialization experiences and support
- Skill development & training
- Pursuit of personal interests & hobbies
- Vocational skills instruction
- Volunteer job opportunities
The program serves as a pathway to employment, and staff engage participants in person-centered career planning that helps them to identify and achieve their goals. It uses job seekers’ personal preferences, interests, desires, and needs to guide the career planning process. In order to ensure participants' success, our team gives them the tools to learn and hone their skills, in either an individualized competitive placement or in a group supported employment setting in the community. For those individuals who are of retirement age, the program offers a chance to spend time more leisurely, engaging in areas of activities of interest to them and integrated into the community.
For more information, please contact Anne Holton, Director of Day Services, at 781-335-3023, ext. 2219 or AHolton@ArcSouthShore.org.
In 70 Years we have...
Local and National Partnerships