Community Based Day Services- Pathways to Possibilities
Community Based Day Supports- Pathways to Possibilities is a supportive program for adults with developmental and intellectual disabilities, which helps individuals develop, maintain, and enhance their abilities and confidence in personal, social, and community activities. Skill development activities occur in the areas of communication, employment readiness, self-care, socialization, relationship-building, healthy living, self-advocacy, community involvement, and more.
A major focus is to become involved in and contribute to the local neighborhood and community, spending time with other people with similar interests. Community members also come into the program to share their talents and expertise in a wide range of areas. The program supports individuals who may have employment as a goal but who needs more support and instruction in order to be ready to obtain a desired job. Volunteer job opportunities are regularly offered where the individuals can try out different types of work and see if it is a good match for them.
- Individualized personal supports to help achieve their personal and community membership goals.
- Assessment of interests, preferences, and abilities.
- Volunteer and civic activities
- Leisure and recreational activities
- Career exploration & training
- Fitness & wellness instruction
- Music therapy
- Culinary arts instruction
- Arts and crafts
- Developmental skills training
- Behavior management
- Computer and iPad training
- Self-advocacy training and participation
For more information, please contact Anne Holton, Director of Day Services, at 781-335-3023, ext. 2219 or AHolton@ArcSouthShore.org.
In 70 Years we have...
Local and National Partnerships