Early Intervention (“EI”) is an integrated developmental service, offering both evaluation and therapeutic services to children birth to three years of age for whom there are developmental concerns due to biological, medical or environmental factors. EI services are provided individually in the home, in small integrated groups at our center and in a range of community settings. A variety of parent support, educational and resource referral services are also provided.
The First Early Intervention Program works in collaboration with community resources such as center based day care, family day care, Family Network services, schools services, Head Start, and private therapy services in the area. We provide individualized services to families, attempting to meet their scheduling and therapeutic needs. Service plans are individualized and flexible in order to meet the changing needs of the child and family.
- Evaluations for all infants and toddlers;
- Service Coordination;
- Individualized therapeutic services in speech, occupational, and physical therapy, developmental education, social work, and counseling;
- Referrals to specialty providers including low vision, hearing impairment, and autism services
- Transition planning with special education providers and private pre-schools
- Training for community child care providers
For more information, please contact First Early Intervention:
574 Main Street
Weymouth, MA 02190
781-331-2533 or email to First Early Intervention Email
The following is a list of items that are generally needed year-round by First Early Intervention. Any donations of these items would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you for your generosity!