Harbor Industries, the Arc of the South Shore’s employment services’ division is located in North Weymouth adjacent to our main office.
The Employment Supports department offers personalized employment services to individuals with developmental disabilities to enable them to find and keep community jobs based on their skills, preferences, interests and strengths. We assist individuals become members of the workforce through a job preparation curriculum, job skill acquisition, job preference/ability evaluation, job recruitment, on-the-job training, transportation and activities of daily living instruction.
Individuals are supported to make informed choices about their work options and receive the resources to seek, obtain and be successful in community placement.
For those ready to work
steem, economic self-sufficiency and dignity. Our program matches the skills and likes of an individual with the needs of the business. Job Coaches support our participants in a variety of settings including Individual Supported Employment, Group Supported Employment as well as mobile work crews.
- Paid work opportunities in the community
- Work skill assessment and evaluation
- Job preparation curriculum
- Volunteer job opportunities
- One-on-One and small group instruction
- Case Management
- Computer/iPad instruction
- Self-Advocacy Training and Participation
- Community Participation
- Competent, Dedicated Staff
EMPLOYMENT!! JOB POSTINGS!!
Full time position available in Early Intervention
Join a dynamic, multidisciplinary team providing home based assessment, treatment, support, and education services to families with children birth to 3 years of age in the South Shore area who are at risk or have developmental delays. New graduates encouraged to apply! Excellent supervision and benefits. Make a difference in a family’s life! Master’s degree, acceptable CORI & SORI required.
Please email Resumes to:
Rhonda Meisel, Director of Children’s Services
Department of Developmental Services
DDS is the primary state agency providing funding and supports to Massachusetts residents with mental retardation and their families. Provides case management for eligible consumers. Funds residential, day/work, transportation, and family support programs.
Institute for Community Inclusion
A Mass.-based research clearinghouse that provides numerous online resources for individuals with disabilities. Hosts the Rehabilitation Research and Training Center (RRTC), which works to identify, expand and support strategies that are successful in helping individuals with disabilities obtain employment.
Massachusetts Rehabilitation Commission (MRC)A state agency which provides funding and counseling to help individuals with disabilities attain the skills necessary to secure employment.
One-Stop Career Centers
Managed by the Massachusetts Division of Employment and Training. Local Centers provide referrals, a computer database of job openings, and counseling services for individuals seeking employment.
Living & Working with a Disability: Tax Benefits & Credits*
This publication from the IRS presents basic information about existing tax credits and benefits that may be available to qualifying taxpayers with disabilities, parents of children with disabilities, and businesses or other entities wishing to accommodate persons with disabilities.
The ADA & Your Employment Rights as an Individual with a Disability
Plain-language fact sheet from the U.S. Equal Employment Opportunity Commission explains the employment-related rights that the Americans with Disabilities Act provides to people with disabilities.
Q&A on Job Applicants and the Americans with Disabilities Act
Fact sheet from the U.S. Equal Employment Opportunity Commission addresses common questions about how the ADA protects job applicants with disabilities. Includes information about reasonable accommodation for the application process and tips for discussing disability and accommodation with a potential employer.
National Center for Learning Disabilities
The National Center for Learning Disabilities has an excellent website page providing information for individuals with Learning Disabilities detailing tips for workplace success and choosing the best job for you, and discusses the best ways to disclose disabilities at work and get the accommodations you need.
The art on these cards are original illustrations created by adults with developmental disabilities. These artists are employed at Harbor Industries, a division of the Arc of the South Shore. ALL proceeds from the sale of these cards directly benefit Harbor Industries and our employment programs. By ordering our note cards, you are supporting our mission stating that all individuals have the right to participate fully in their community.
- All Harbor Industries Note Cards are digitally printed on demand using premium Pegasus text brilliant white vellum stock.
- Cards are blank on the inside with our signature Logo and special information about our individual illustrators on the back of each card!
- Special Orders and custom imprinting for each style are available for a small additional charge, (see below).
Thinking of you! (pack 001)
Especially for You! (pack 002)
Harbor Notes (pack 003)
Thanking You! (pack 004)
Art for You! (pack 005)
Seasonal Notes (pack 006)
Happy Birthday! (pack 007)
Happy Holidays! (note cards set A, pack 008 )
Happy Chanukah! (note cards set B, pack 009)
Harbor Cards may be custom imprinted with your personalized message for an additional $10 per set.
- For imprinting on multiple sets of cards please add imprinting for each set.
- For different imprinting on different sets of cards, please specify which imprinting is intended for each set of cards.
- Card sets packaged as above: 3 of each card style as shown.
- We proudly offer our cards at $10 per pack for sets of 12 cards + envelopes, (add $2 for shipping & handling).
- Our cards make great gifts as each package is poly wrapped and dressed with a raffia bow for that special someone.
- Free shipping & handling for all orders of 5 + packs.
- Please call us for bulk order discounts and any additional special requests not shown here.
Call us at 781-335-3023 ext. 2229 or Download Order Form